Buckwheat-Chia Pancakes with Maple-Caramelized Peppers and Goat Cheese
Pancakes / Recipes with Maple Syrup / Rice and Cereals
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup pure maple water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced fine
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced fine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 lb semi-firm goat cheese log, sliced
- Fine herbs of your choice to garnish
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Combine eggs and maple water in blender, add dry ingredients and blend. Pour olive oil into batter, continuing to blend several seconds longer.
- In a large non-stick skillet brushed lightly with oil and set over medium heat, pour two 60 ml (1/4 cup) ladlefuls of batter and spread into two circles about 12.5 cm (5 in) in diameter.
- Cook until golden, about 1 1/2 each side. Keep warm on a plate as you cook the rest.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and peppers and brown for several minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic and maple syrup and allow to caramelize, stirring a few times. Season with hot pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Serve two pancakes per person. Top with caramelized peppers and goat cheese. Garnish with fine herbs.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!