- 1 1/3 lb cod or haddock, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup French shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp maple vinegar (or sherry vinegar)
- 3 1/2 oz white wine
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cold, cut into small cubes
- 2 oz Charles-Aimé Robert (maple port)
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 160° C (325° F).
- Place fish cubes on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper and cover with another sheet of waxed paper (to keep the fish from drying out). Bake 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sweat the shallots in 50 g (1/4 cup) of butter.
- Add the maple vinegar and white wine, and reduce by half.
- Add the salt and then, off the heat, gradually incorporate the cubes of cold butter.
- At the last moment, add in the tarragon and Charles-Aimé Robert.
- Serve the butter sauce on the fish.
If there’s leftover sauce, use it with pasta for your next meal.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!