- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg), then incorporate butter using a fork. Mix in milk and form dough into a ball. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring maple syrup and water to a boil. Add apples and simmer 3 minutes over low heat.
- Using an ice cream scoop, form a small ball of dough and gently drop into the boiling syrup. Repeat until all the dough has been used. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Serve dumplings and apples drizzled with hot cooking syrup.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!