- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups white wine
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups basmati rice (or another variety)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 Granny Smith apples, diced
- In a large thick-bottomed casserole, heat oil on high. Add onion, pepper and maple syrup and sweat for about 7.
- Lower heat, deglaze casserole with wine, and then reduce until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil before adding rice. Season.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until done.
- Add apples and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!