- Maple shortcrust pastry base recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup strong cheddar, grated
- 3 to 4 green zucchinis, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons maple flakes
- On a floured work surface, roll dough into two 40×15-cm (16×6-in) rectangles.
- Place in two (approx. 35×10-cm or 14×4-in) removable-bottom rectangular tart pans.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Combine mustard with the maple butter and rosemary. Brush mixture on the tart shells and then sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.
- Layer with zucchini ribbons. Arrange the cherry tomato halves on top. Salt and pepper.
- Bake, on bottom rack of oven, for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle maple flakes over tarts, cut into rectangles of equal size and serve immediately, as an appetizer or a first course.
Refrigeration Time: 30 min
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!