Recipes with Maple Sugar / Recipes with Maple Syrup / Vegetables
Featuring Maple Sugar
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled
- 1/2 first-size celery root, peeled
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 oz of butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 2 tablespoons of pecans
- 1/4 cup Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pieces of maple sugar, to taste
- Cut the vegetables into julienne strips and steam all, except for the zucchini, for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini strips and steam for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Add maple syrup and cook for one minute while stirring.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and coat in the maple sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Broil the pecans in the oven on high heat. Serve the vegetables with the broiled pecans. Sprinkle with maple sugar pieces, if desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!