- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups your choice of root vegetables (carrots, potatoes, parsnips), grated
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- Softened butter (for pan)
- All-purpose flour (for pan)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Butter and flour a 24×13-cm (9.5×5-in) rectangular loaf pan.
- Sift flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt over a large bowl, then set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat oil, maple sugar and eggs using an electric mixer. Add reserved dry ingredients, mixing in with a wooden spoon. Add grated vegetables.
- In the bowl, knead bread dough to incorporate vegetables very well.
- Transfer dough to loaf pan, sprinkle with the rolled oats and bake 1 hour.
- Leave to cool 10 minutes before unmolding.
Storage Tip: This bread keeps very well sliced then frozen.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!