- 5 egg yolks
- 2/3 tasse pure maple water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- Beat egg yolks, maple water and maple syrup together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, off the heat.
- Cook over a medium heat stirring constantly for 3 to 4 until the mixture turns thick and creamy. Serve immediately.
- Note: Sabayon can be used in the place of crème anglaise or custard in certain desserts.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!