- 1 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich flavour)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 tbsp cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- Put the syrup and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut the little pieces of butter into the flour.
- Gradually add the milk and gently mix with a fork to make a dough.
- Use a spoon to drop dough into the hot syrup. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan so that each dumpling has room to expand.
- Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!