- Butter for pan
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped & toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter, melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350° F).
- Line a 23×33-cm (9×13-in) baking pan with foil. Butter foil.
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, wheat germ, pecans, salt, maple sugar, cranberries and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs well. Add maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix gently until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until set. Allow to cool completely and cut into bars.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!