- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 2 tablespoons coarse pickling salt
- 1/2 cup pickling spices
- 4 or 5 radishes, cut in 4
- 2 medium size carrots, washed and unpeeled, cut in sticks
- 2 stalks of celery, cut in sticks
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut in 4 lengthwise
- 8 green or yellow beans
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, maple syrup, coarse salt and spices. Put on high heat, bring to a boil, and immediately remove the pan from the heat and allow standing for 30 minutes.
- Filter the liquid into a sieve.
- Divide all the vegetables in 2 large glass jars and pour in the liquid.
- Vegetables must be completely covered.
- Close the jars and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before eating.
Stand time: 30 minutes
Refrigeration time: 2 hours
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!