- 8 your choice of baking apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (Amber)
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup Equinox maple sugar flakes with cranberries
- Peel apples, core and quarter.
- In a frying pan, melt butter, and gently fry apples for about 3 minutes until golden in colour.
- Add cream and maple syrup and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place apples in four small gratin dishes or one large one.
- Mix almonds with oats and maple sugar flakes; sprinkle over apples and bake at 190 °C (375 °F) for 4, then broil for 1 minute to gently brown the top.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!