- 3 cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (preferably organic)
- 2/3 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk for glaze
- 1 1/3 cup softened butter
- 2 slices of maple brioche (or store-bought brioche)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogourt
- 2 tbsp maple sugar
- Strawberries (optional), sliced
- In a bowl, combine the flour with the sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the yeast with the milk and eggs.
- Put the dry ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Gradually add the liquids. Turn the hook at low speed until the dough is smooth.
- Gradually add the softened butter and mix until the dough is smooth and no longer sticks to the bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Roll brioche dough into a loaf pan. Let rise for another 1 hour 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Brush with the egg yolk mixed with a little water. Sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake in a 160° C (325° F) oven for about 35 minutes, until the crust is golden
- Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
- Place 2 slices of brioche on a plate. Spread with yogourt, then sprinkle VERY generously with maple sugar. Garnish with strawberry slices
RISING TIME: 3 1/2 hours
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!