- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pinches ground caraway
- 3 cups stale bread, pastries, brownies, etc., cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 tbsp maple sugar
- 1 tsp maple vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the maple syrup. Add the milk and ground caraway.
- Add the bread or pastries and use your whisk to blend well. Let soak, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake in a 180° C (350° F) oven for about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Mix the strawberries with the maple sugar and maple vinegar. Leave to macerate for about ten minutes, then add the basil.
- Cut loaf into slices and serve with the strawberry sauce and, if desired, a maple Chantilly whipped cream.
YIELD: 1 loaf
MACERATION: 10 minutes
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!