- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14 oz chicken, cubed
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup maple butter
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup duck fat
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 confit duck legs without the skin, meat removed from bones and shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- jar of store bought maple jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté onions and garlic for 2.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except for the duck, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Remove from heat and shred chicken meat using two forks.
- Add the duck meat, then return saucepan to the stove and cook for another 15 minutes until soft. Let cool.
- In a saucepan, warm jelly and salt for 2 over low heat. Mix well. Let cool.
- Place alternating layers of rillette mixture and jelly in small jars.
- Refrigerate each layer for 30 minutes before placing the next one.
Serve on baguette, plain or with cheese.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!